At Brooklyn Methodist Church, nutritionally balanced food parcels are hand-packed by volunteers, then delivered and distributed to those most in need in the township of Mabopane by our NGO.
Facts about food parcels...
- A food parcel consists of long-lasting, easy-to-prepare, and nutritional contents such as mielie meal, peanut butter, beans, samp, salt, sugar, powdered milk and soy meat
- One food parcel costs R180
- One food parcel can feed a family of 4 for one week
- We currently distribute 40-60 parcels per month
Who receives the food parcels?
- Child-headed households
- Teenage mothers
- Unemployed and single mothers
- Women who have survived abuse
- Ill community members who need food in order to take their prescribed medication
The logistics in place...
- Our special donors contribute an amount of their choice on a monthly basis to Lesedi la Batho NGO, who can provide a tax deductible receipt
- Our partners at Brooklyn Methodist Church purchase and pack the ingredients into food parcels
- Volunteers deliver the parcels on a monthly basis directly to the Lesedi La Batho community centre in Mabopane
- The food parcels are distributed by our team of experienced staff to those identified as most in need of social relief support
How can I help?
This life-saving project depends solely on the contributions of generous individuals. Please consider giving a portion of your living to save another's life through this practical support program. The most sustainable donations are those which are made on a monthly basis. Just R180 fills a bag!