At Brooklyn Methodist Church, nutritionally balanced food parcels are hand-packed by volunteers, then delivered and distributed to those most in need in the township of Mabopane by our NGO.
Facts about food parcels...
- A food parcel consists of long-lasting yet nutritional contents such as mielie meal, peanut butter, beans, samp, salt, sugar, powdered milk and soy meat
- One food parcel costs R160
- One food parcel can feed a family of 1 for one week
- Many food parcels go to child-headed households.
- We currently distribute 40-60 parcels per month
The logistics in place...
- Generous individuals contribute an amount of their choice on a monthly basis to Lesedi la Batho NGO, who provide the donor with a tax deductible receipt
- Our partners at - Brooklyn Methodist Church purchase and pack the ingredients into food parcels
- Volunteers deliver the parcels on a monthly basis directly to the Lesedi La Batho community centre in Mabopane
- The food parcels are distributed by our team of experienced staff to those identified as most in need of social relief support
Who receives the food parcels?
- Child-headed households
- Teenage mothers
- Unemployed and single mothers
- Ill community members who need food in order to take their prescribed medication
How can I help?
This life-saving project depends solely on the contributions of generous individuals. Please consider giving a portion of your living to save another's life through this practical support program. The most sustainable donations are those which are made on a monthly basis. Just R180 fills a bag!